Tuesday 12 April 2011

Healthy Eating

One thing that I'm sure you all know is that when it comes to being fit the food that you eat is very important. All my life my parents have been trying to get me to eat a bunch of dead fruit and veg on the side of my plate or on in another bowl.
For many years I made sure that I avoided my veg in any way possible. These were the ones I used most often:
  • I would buy some chicken and chips home so when I got home I didn’t need to eat what was being made at home (veg)
  • I would stay round a friend’s house if I knew what we were eating(veg)
That is not the way forward. What we need to do is learn from the people in the Chinese shops. You may not realise but when you have your Chinese rice there are always peas inside it but you can taste it because it is hidden by the beautiful taste of the rice. So you need to do the same thing, try and make your own foods firstly so you know exactly what is going inside your food and secondly because you can put all your veg in it and not even taste it.
Which is what I do I often try to make my own Chinese rice. It doesn’t take long for you to go to the shop and buy an few ingredients does it.
Just buy some:
·        Rice
·        Soy sauce
·        Any other ingredient that you want

Dealing with vegetables is the hard part, now we can talk about the easy part 5 a-day. The way of dealing with this is just by drinking lots of juice. Not many people know this but when you drink juice it can count for 1 possibly even all of your 5 a-day. The other way is a simple fruit salad. This is a good way because you can have all of your 5 a-day in one dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment